Suicide is a major public health issue, and it is important for everyone to know how to prevent it. This course will teach you about the warning signs of suicide, how to assess risk and the different strategies for preventing suicide. You will also learn about the importance of prevention and support for those who have lost someone to suicide.
Navigating the labyrinth of human emotions can be complex, but the ability to recognise and act upon signs of distress is paramount. Enter the realm of Suicide Awareness and Prevention, a course meticulously designed to offer insights into the intricate psyche of vulnerable individuals. The initial module initiates you into the pivotal world of suicide prevention, laying a sturdy foundation for what’s to come.
Journeying deeper, you will unfurl the mysteries behind suicidal behaviour. Recognising the signs, understanding the triggers, and, most importantly, interpreting the silent cries for help become the crux of this transformative learning experience. This understanding will then be fortified by mastering techniques for accurate suicide risk assessment, ensuring you’re well-prepared to identify and intervene in potential crises.
Yet, the Suicide Awareness and Prevention course doesn’t stop at prevention. As you advance, you’ll be equipped with the wherewithal to design effective intervention strategies, ensuring those at risk receive the timely aid they require. Additionally, you’ll learn the significance and methodologies of postvention support, ensuring that affected communities and individuals are tenderly guided towards healing and recovery.
£99 (worth £599)
- Identify the warning signs of suicide
- Assess the risk of suicide in an individual
- Implement suicide prevention strategies
- Provide support to someone who is suicidal
- Understand the importance of prevention
- A keen interest in mental health and well-being.
- Commitment to complete all sections.
- An open mind, ready to learn and support.
Why should I take this course?
- Gain knowledge that could save lives.
- Enhance your understanding of mental health.
- Bolster your skills in supporting vulnerable individuals.
- Contribute positively to community welfare.
- Be a beacon of hope and support for those in need.
- Mental Health Counsellor
- School Counsellor
- Crisis Helpline Advisor
- Clinical Psychologist
- Suicide Prevention Trainer
- Mental Health Advocacy Officer
|Section 01: Introduction to Suicide Prevention|
|Module 01: Introduction to Suicide Prevention||00:04:00|
|Section 02: Understanding Suicidal Behaviour|
|Module 02: Understanding Suicidal Behaviour||00:05:00|
|Section 03: Suicide Risk Assessment|
|Module 03: Suicide Risk Assessment||00:05:00|
|Section 04: Suicide Prevention Strategies|
|Module 04: Suicide Prevention Strategies||00:05:00|
|Section 05: Intervention Strategies|
|Module 05: Intervention Strategies||00:05:00|
|Section 06: Postvention and Support|
|Module 06: Postvention and Support||00:05:00|